oam_021.jpg

 

Oseredok

Oseredok Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre was founded in 1944 in response to a need for access to Ukrainian books and cultural objects by instructors in a summer educational program of the Ukrainian National Federation.

Read more: Timeline & Milestones

oam 055

• The oldest rare book in our collection is a Book of Gospels from 1648
• More than 4,000 pysanky (Easter eggs) in our collection
• More than 900 linear meters of paper records in archives
• Oldest artifact – a silk sash measuring 4 m in length manufactured c. 1780
• Curiosity artifact – a lighter handmade from an empty cartridge case of rifle bullet in 1915, in the village of Nove Selo, near Liubachiv (near WWI eastern front line at the time)

loader